I've Found Jesus


Reflection:
I'm reconnecting with the early days of my faith by listening to Delirious? Cutting Edge. It's a huge record that has always sounded like what the music of heaven from the voices of men will sound like. And whenever I listen to that record I'm summoned back to my grandparents house, in my bedroom, also my mom's bedroom in her time, praising my ass off! All the feelings come back of that new sense of redemption and enormous love, when I was bursting at the seams for God. Now I am still bursting at the seams, but it's a little bit more due to middle agedness, and maybe less to do about the fire of God. But I pray that it is shifting. 

I was curious about Delirious?'s front man, Martin Smith, because he had such an impact on me. I read an article and what I got from it was sort of what I got from reading the Lecrae book, I Am Restored: there are these two phases of a life. There's an early part that is more power than wisdom, and then a later part that is power and wisdom. Between the two parts there is this reflective period, a valley, where you discover what you're really about. After the initial thrust of life, and the resistance is beginning to have its impact, how does one derive umph? It seems impossible, right? Once kinetic energy is lost you need to reinvest potential energy and that cycle is ongoing. But perhaps the wisdom of the later years is daily finding the potential for that day's kineticism. 

I appreciated reading Smith's words. He's a man that has gone much of the distance with God. And what he shared about churches being family places that love children will be speaking to me for some time to come. And now I go today, potentially...

Dear Lord, thank you for my family, my wife and my daughter. They are an incredible blessing to me and the world around. Help me to be a good father, husband and friend. 

In Jesus Name,

Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ