Not Too Comfortable

What if God weren't there? If He didn't exist? The thoughts I have in response to this question are embarrassing for a Christian. Would life go on? Could it?

I seek a life marked by God, not the fantastic imaginations of my own mind. I am so clever. Too clever. And I don't then know the truth.

But there are times when I get simple and just do the thing that needs to be done. Not saying my mind is not going, but the thing that needs to be done is in the doing. Under way.

Is that what you're telling me, God? Do the things that need to be done. Labor without working, be redeemed without laboring. Walk by faith not by sight.

In my sight today were Caleb and Dustin, teen challenge chaps with steely physiques and forlorn minds. They've been whooped, but they can take it.

Also in the mix were the Grisham's. Lovely people, but I feel like something is missing in all of our faiths. We're all too comfortable, like an old Southern home, built for leisure. Everything so lovely.
Is there hope for this generation in God?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ