Die Daily


"If there is no element of asceticism in our lives, if we give free rein to the desires of the flesh…we shall find it hard to train for the service of Christ.” Bonhoeffer

Just now I am listening to Ferris' 4 hour work week and reading CoD. The two are almost opposite. On the one hand Ferris is a proponent of self-centered life, and being more effective in the things you want. Foster is a Christ-centered advocate, focusing on being more effective in Christ and losing self-centeredness. They join on one point: they are hard-core humanists. They both preach for our joy, but have remarkably different paths to getting there.

If I am not careful, I will not learn from Ferris what Christ has to teach me. I might learn some blend of Christian practice and the world's and be no better than when I started.

Lord, help me to learn from Ferris that I am often wasting time and not focusing on what's important. Help me learn from Foster that I need more discipline in my life. Help me learn from both men the same thing. Help me learn from You a "remarkably different path".

“ I affirm, brethren, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily” (1 Corinthians 15:31, NASB).

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ