Enoch walked with God, and he was not...

I found it increasingly easier to distinguish his voice from the blare of everyday life.

I've had a nice couple of days with the Lord. Reminiscing, getting back to doing the things I did at first (Rev 2:5), just worshiping and loving God for who He is; connecting with Him through song and worship. But I awoke this morning and had that feeling that I often have after the high... the low! Come down from the mountain and live ordinary life. There's almost a sense of "put those higher thoughts away, it's time to get back to reality".

But I don't want to live that way. There is an everydayness to the pursuit and love of God. I read about presence practitioners like Frank Laubach, and Brother Lawrence and recognize the importance of pursuing God in the everyday, but I feel completely unsuited to the task. All kinds of interference get in the way, the noise of the world, the noise of people, the noise of myself.

Lord, help me today to listen, and watch, to act in faith and to love. Help me stay connected with You. Lord Jesus, I need you today, fill me afresh with Your Spirit.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Genesis 5:24
Hebrews 11:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ