This is a Faithful Saying...

It is as if God is saying, “I want the hearts of my people back!”

Service as a substitute for worship is idolatry.

I want to have it all together. I get tired of having to regroup, retool, replan, redo. Why can't I just nail it every time? But then I look at that sentiment. What am I saying there, what is the priority? That I look good, that I nail it, that I have it together and am authoritative. Isn't that a missing of the mark, aka sin?

No doubt I want to be the best, but I don't want to put in the work to be the best. I just want God to bring me to this arrival point and celebrate in reaping the rewards repeatedly. Sounds childish, I know, but what can I say... it's true.

But I pray that God somehow get a hold of me again, and with ever increasing frequency. That I turn from my I and look at life through His. I pray that God gets my heart, that the fires of His holiness burn within me so that I am not so careful as to not make a mistake, but rather faithful in all things.

Lord, help to change my perspective on my aggrandizement. I don't need to be the one recognized, the one accomplished, the one who has it together... I need to be faithful. Help me to be faithful with what You put in front of me.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

https://biblehub.com/luke/16-10.htm

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+2&version=PHILLIPS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ