When to Let Go of If


Worship is our response to the overtures of love from the heart of the Father. Its central reality is found “in spirit and truth.” It is kindled within us only when the Spirit of God touches our human spirit. Forms and rituals do not produce worship...

It's the Spirit side of things that has always caused me to be iffy. There is no doubt in my mind that God has touched me by His Spirit, and continues to do so. Well, mostly no doubt. But when those touches happen I just have no idea. Well, I can guess that there's a higher chance when I follow a routine or practice which has encounter as a goal.

What's the point of this post? It's that the Spirit is not "iffy" but "when-ny". We are children of promise. The Lord has not abandoned us. If we can hang onto that promise we will get where we need to be. Or should I say, when we hang onto that promise...

Lord Jesus, I have chosen a false humility, one of self-deprecation that impacts my confidence. Help me to stand in You, to know that I was made for You, to be a worshiper in Spirit and in Truth. So, let me not mope in if, but take courage for when.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ