Consider Action

I have a lot on my mind right now. I guess that I always do, but right now it seems like a lot more is possible for me to accomplish because I am on summer break. But I have been asking God that I live more into "today", more into what He has for me in each given day. There's no way that I can accomplish all that I want to, and so I'm increasingly desiring to switch my considerations to what I should be doing. What is best?!

Of course, there could be a trap with considering "should", because that path could down a path of more and new things that I can't do. But by God's grace I will accomplish what I am supposed to.

I think the chief thing that I have to seek God about, that I have to get into my life a whole lot more, is the doing of a thing rather than the considering of it. I learn so much more from doing, and yet I find myself considering a whole lot. Consideration is definitely good, but I find, for me, it puts me in this daze of circular and repetitive thinking. I think the same thoughts (usually of a pretty basic manner) over and over again. I don't know that all of that consideration gets me anywhere, other than dosing me with fixation for that thing.

By God's grace I will see clearer how I need to act as the consideration loop begins to take hold, or the shoulds start spiraling, or the number of things on my plate is an ungodly assortment from the buffet line; things never meant to be eaten altogether all at once.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ