I Love You in the Morning


This morning I tried to still my mind some, to be open to God. Most often during meditation time I will try to get to a place of reception but instead allow distraction to congest my thoughts. Before long I am thinking about whatever my interest is for the day and I sort of drift away from the "sacred". I guess because of my meetings with Diane I am challenging myself to clear my mind and stay in that place so that I can be open to hearing from God.

As I was in that more open place this morning, I was contemplating allure and woo. I was thinking about how I so quickly get allured into doing things because I think they are the right thing to do, because they have some high ethical value usually, but when it comes down to the discipline to continue in that thing, I tend to wane pretty quickly. I am not a disciplined guy (in some senses). But about allure and woo, I felt that allure is something that happens from inside of me (see the book of James) and woo is something that happens from outside (see God).

The last "feed" I got this morning was in recalling The Leftovers, a show Jess and I are watching. There was a scripture from Job 23 that was read and it impressed me because of the perspective portrayed from the author of the scripture. It's a perspective that I want to own more for myself, but I cannot say that I honestly do. Am I terrified of God, of His awesome power? Do I meditate on His word night and day? Have I kept His word and not stepped aside?

Lord, I am a man often perplexed, and I hate that place, but I pray that I commit to the things that I am seeing that you are leading me into, without committing to the things that I feel I should be doing. Overcommitting may be killing our relationship. Help me to follow the Leader, and "stay in my lane".

In Jesus Name,

Amen

The Leftovers Comparative Liturgical Analysis Job 23+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ