Restrain My Mouth with a Muzzle

Heavy reflection for this morning. Our lives are but a vapor. David is experiencing inner turmoil, deeply, and he pauses amidst the turmoil to reflect on how meaningless it is, that his life is here and quickly gone. His conclusion, hurry up, God, and let's get on with it... I'm not getting any younger!

God's timing is not our timing and it can be maddening to wait, but there is no other way. Amidst the madness and inner turmoil arises the question: "do you trust Me?"

Lord Jesus, the older I get the closer I am to the end of life here. It's merely logic. What takes more than logic is trusting You with the days gone by and those to come. Help me "restrain my mouth with a muzzle" and open my heart with a Your Word.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Psalm 39
https://odb.org/2019/07/25/but-a-breath


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ