When Stranger Things Aren't Worth It

Yesterday, Stranger Things 3 came out. Jess and the Tulley's watched 2 episodes and went to bed. But, true to form, I stayed up and watched another three episodes. Not a good choice. It was an indulgent choice, a selfish choice, one that I thought I could get away with and that it would be no big deal. But it was a big deal. It caused Jess to stay up because she was worried about when I would come to bed, and then there was definite loss of sleep once Sadie started coughing. At which point, clearly, I should have come to bed, but I finished the last 7 minutes of the 3rd extra episode I was watching. In the morning, Jess sent me a text about sleeping in and taking an Uber to the train stating, rather than hitching on an 8 am ride with the Tulley's. I, of course, wanted to keep our schedule, but for the sake of our marriage...

This morning I looked up what scripture verses on being flexibile. We had a plan. Things changed. But I also needed to look up scriptures doing things right the first time. And if not, seeking forgiveness. Romans 7 ("can't do what I want to do"), and Romans 12:7 ("overcome evil with good"), James 5:16 ("confess your sins to each other"), 1 John 1:9 ("If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive").

Making quick adjustments, making amends, moving on, is what successful living is all about, but it's especially what successful Christian living looks like. I have a tendency toward resentment, even when I am the "seed" transgressor. I expect that others will forgive me, but how well do I forgive?

Lord Jesus, I am no hero of the faith. The victories I am seeking these days seem to be very small. But let them come, Lord, the victories. Let me not negelct these victories preferring more profound ones. I am in the crucible now, I am in the fight. I am fighting for the heart of my wife, and other loved ones. I need to seek forgiveness, to repent. Help me to make things, these little things right, and cleanse me, Lord, let me walk again, aright with You.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

What does the Bible say about being flexible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ