A Long Water Way


For we are what He has made us, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be our way of life. Eph 2:10 nrsv

Reflection:
Does being a Christian impact all the ways I do things? Or, to what extent does being a Christian impact the way I do things? The first question is rhetorical, aspirational, and the second, practical reflection. The first is the vision, the second is the mission. 

As I put on my God hat again, my Jesus skin, I'm remembering the ways in which the Spirit seemingly leached out of me. Born a hot star, I cool to a dead star wondrously ahead of time. Somehow I gorge to busting on the Spirit, and quickly run through that nutrition. And I think, is it because it's all in my head?!

In Colossians 4, Paul is giving instruction to the Christians there about how they should live out their faith outwardly, within the community and without: Devoted to prayer, making most of the time, and letting speech be gracious, seasoned with salt. And I believe this outward living is inwardly restorative. 

My major stumbling block is that I'm a quick fix kinda guy, when I need to more and more orient toward a long obedience in the same direction

Prayer:
Dear Lord Jesus, truly be my skin today... maybe even my heart. And let the inner working work its way out and back in again. The way that You are showing me the Water Cycle works. 

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ