Holy Roller

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at His coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived ignorance. But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written; "Be holy, because I am holy."
1 Pet 1:13

Reflection

It's important to consider our roles. I am a dad, and a husband, a friend. A brother. There are many other roles, but these are good for my consideration today. For each of these roles I think of the admirable qualities of someone I'd consider to be a role model. Someone that we'll call, "holy". A dad halts all he is doing to tend to his child. A husband puts his needs aside to care for his wife. A friend loves at all times. A brother is a keeper. It is much easier to observe the indicators of holiness than it is to be the holy you want to see in the world. But for today I will try. I find that it's easy to live holy when I'm by myself, or when everything is going right. It's much more difficult when I don't get what I want or when obstacles and all manner of hardship appear. 

Prayer
Dear Lord Jesus, help me today to put on Christ, holiness for the day. My God shoes. Help me to find and choose the Spirit breathed way of doing, saying, or being in a thing. And refine my heart as I discover what is not supposed to be there.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ