Be Faithful in Small Things

Jeremy Taylor: “Love to be concealed, and little esteemed: be content to want [lack] praise, never be troubled when thou art slighted or undervalued….”

I get so angry when I feel insult. Hypocrisy is also a burner. Am I not secure enough in myself to be ok with these everyday occurrences? So what if someone is insulting because they feel superior? Or if they are hypocritical because they feel that character is a fool's game? Are those not there choices? Sure, they impact me. They put me at odds with the offender, and potentially relegate me to a lower rung with those around me, should they believe the charges. But are those things true? Do I prove their truth by acting in retaliation?

Lord, it is so hard to not retaliate, further, to bless rather than curse. It is inhuman. Help me today to do in the "marketplace" of real life to live by faith according to the inner man. Let me walk in step with the Spirit and learn Your rhythms, Your everyday, moment by moment opportunities for me to live the Cross-Life.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. Mother Teresa

Jesus said in Luke 16:10, “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Found Jesus

I Vow an Ego Crushing Vow

"Follow Me" Crazy Horse Summons Jesus Christ